Fortunately for Screaming Females fans, this is a group that tours often! And like all the DIY bands, they travel from gig to gig in their van. Here are some interesting and fun facts about all the gigs this group has performed – this is based on the list of shows from the band’s website, but does not include many of their special performances, such as radio station appearances, appearance on NPR’s Tiny Desk Concert, the AV Club, etc:
- By my count the group has performed 1134 shows.
- They performed show 1000 at the Valley Bar, Phoenix, AZ, Aug 18 2015.
- Between 2007 and 2016, they averaged 106 shows per year; all of this while recording some great albums!
- Their peak year for shows was 2010, when they performed a staggering 158 shows!
- They have performed in all states, except for Alaska, and in Puerto Rico. Does any band travel to Alaska for a show?
- Given their New Jersey roots, it’s not surprising that they have performed 138 times in New York state, 134 times in New Jersey and 78 times in Pennsylvania.
- But they are popular throughout the country, and have played 60 shows in California, 49 shows in Texas, 47 shows in Illinois, just to name a few.
- They have performed 127 times in 21 different countries – 31 in Canada, 17 in England, 13 in Germany, 8 each in Austria and Norway, and so on.
- Looking at their shows by city, they have played 72 shows in New Brunswick (mostly in the early years), 62 in Brooklyn, 37 in Philadelphia, 35 in Chicago, 34 in New York City, 28 in Austin, 22 in Washington DC, 20 in Portland, and so on.
- Their favorite venue has been the Parlor (a house basement) in New Brunswick, where they played 22 times between 2005-2008. They played at Maxwell’s 13 times, Music Hall of Williamsburg 12 times, Asbury Lanes 11 times, Meattown USA 10 times, and so on.
So the band WILL be playing soon at a city near you, as long as you don’t live in Alaska! Check out their live shows if you haven’t yet – you won’t be disappointed!!
from Wishing Well
I toss dimes in the wishing well
And I’m broke cause you took all of me
My tombstone on a grassy hill
It’s a matter of fact, all my change goes to hell
from It’s Not Fair
I’m pinned to the open road with a love so deep that I can’t bear
Black fence ’round the skin I can’t sleep in
I’m pinching the nerve it’s not fair